Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 2: Superman

So for week 2 I decided to be a bit ambitious and learn a trick I should've learned a long time ago. Superman is a wicked trick, and I'll tell you the truth, I'm having a bit of trouble with it. I'm still a bit hit-and-miss, especially with the last swing through the triangle.

I don't really have any tips for this one, except that everyone should learn it, it's got some pretty common moves in some of the more advanced tricks. Also, it would be a lot easier to learn it with an undersized yoyo that's got a nice grinding surface. Something like an 888x or Wasabi would be perfect. The undersized helps with the pops and swing-throughs, and the grinding surface helps you try again when you hit your hand.

Videos again are coming soon, I know I keep saying that but I really need to clean the apartment before I show it to the world. My video workflow could use a lot of work as well, I may need to switch to an SD card reader instead of doing USB straight from the camera.

Videos are up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment