Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Week 13: Hougu

I've got a playlist in youtube of videos with tricks I want to learn. For some reason I'd completely forgotten about this trick. The breakdown comes courtesy of raytsh and was fairly easy to learn.

This trick looks really cool, it's got that nice drop between thumb and index I love seeing so much and it's got some decent GT play in there too. The pop at the end is very difficult to do without hurting your wrist. For the purposes of this video I opted for a slightly different dismount. You could argue it's easier, but I'd just argu I'm turning my hand in a different direction and it's the same move.

One thing to watch out for is after you do the drop into what's essentially a GT, the next few moves can very easily make a yoyo bind, so be sure to use a VERY unresponsive yoyo. I made the mistake of trying to film this trick with my P2 who's bearing had been freshly cleaned and lubed. Needless to say, that didn't work out so well.

Well, enjoy the video, I've added a few filters to help make it look a bit better. Also my cat got bored of my attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment