Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 10: Slack Repeater from Kinetics

This is one of my facourite repeaters, I was watching Sebastian Brock's Kinetics video and was struck by a really nice and smooth repeater near the end of the video. I fell in love with it and just had to learn it. It almost looks like an alpha-style trick that Doc Pop would do. I don't think I've got quite that flair for it yet, but I'm working on it.

The hardest part of this trick, technically, is to land that slack move over and over consistently, always in the same way. It's also a bit of a mental trick, in that you need to remeber the direction changes. Many times during learning it did I spin the yoyo the wrong way.

All in all, it's an excellent trick, decently easy, and a lot of fun. I highly recommend everyone learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment