Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week 7: Asian Pops

Pretty simple one this time as I'm gearing up for a much more complicated combo. I've seen this trick a bunch of times in freestyles and I always thought it looked awesome but could never figure out how to do it.

Thankfully 2 people at the Toronto yoyo meetup knew how to do it and were nice enough to show me. I didn't get it right off the bat, I had to experiment a bit to find what worked for me. It turns out that the trick is much easier if instead of folding your index finger to have the string slip off, you simply aim your pointer finger outwards as the yoyo loops around.

Also, fair warning, you can only do this trick at 2 speeds: fast, and faster.


Lastly, you'll note that I'm using a new setup for my videos. I find that it looks much better and it's easier to see my string. Plus it's in HD. I've filmed a few of the other tricks here with the new setup. I'll gradually replace all the videos with better versions, but for now, there's about half that have been replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment